Know Your Medical Marijuana
Please use medical cannabis under the direction of a physician’s recommendation and in accordance with all state and local laws. All possible side effects of medical cannabis use are dose dependent and its effects will vary from person to person. As such, patients should begin their therapy with low doses, slowly increasing use if necessary, so that the individual dose can be determined and unwanted effects can be avoided.
Possible Acute Side Effects Associated with Medical Cannabis Ingestion
Frequent side effects may include: dry mouth, movement disorder, muscle weakness, slurred speech, increase of heart rate, decrease of blood pressure in vertical position, eventually with dizziness. In case of dizziness the affected should lay down. Other side effects may include: sedation, euphoria, dysphoria, fear of dying, feelings of loss of control, impairment of memory, altered time perception, depression, hallucinations. Acute side effects are dose dependent and generally disappear within hours. If side effects persist over several days, contact your physician immediately. Cannabis possesses a potential for dependency and individuals may experience unwanted withdrawal symptoms. However, withdrawal has not been problematic in patients that were treated over a prolonged period of time with cannabis, but anxiety, restlessness, insomnia, salivation, diarrhea may occur.
Safe Use of Medical Cannabis
- Do not drive or operate machinery if impaired by cannabis.
- Cannabis used with alcohol may cause vomiting and nausea.
- Those receiving digitalis or other cardiac medications should only use cannabis under careful medical supervision.
- To avoid respiratory irritation, practice harm reduction.
- When sharing inhaling devices, hold them so lips do not touch the vessel of delivery.
- Beware of mold and fungi.
- It is illegal in the United States to possess, cultivate or distribute medicinal cannabis under federal law.
- Choose organic or sun-grown cannabis whenever possible, especially for patients with compromised immune systems.
Please be responsible and keep all medications out of the reach of children and pets. Smoke from cannabis products contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer.